Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The latest school shooting and Georgian 11 year old charged with death of child

Hi, everyone! It's me, Ms. Opinionated, here to rant on and on about the news and everything else.
Well, there was another school shooting today. Sadly, this does not surprise me in the least. Why? School officials take no notice of what is going on around them. They don't seem to know why this young individual saw fit to bring a gun to school and open fire on the school officer. Principals and vice principals today don't pay attention, and when a potentially volatile situation is brought to their attention, they brush it off. Take, for example, any situation involving hazing, teasin, or anything else that can cause a student to lose their minds temporarily, or, in some cases, permanently. The general response to these situations? "I'm sorry, Mr. or Mrs. So and So, there's nothing we can do about this type of problem." Bullshit. Get off your fat asses, quit drinking coffee and pretending to look important, and actually interact with your students. I understand, you can't possible be everywhere at once, but Christ! You can listen, can't you? When I was in middle school in Louisiana, my principal did everything he possibly could to prevent the misery I went through, but he couldn't be everywhere at one time. He did, however, make himself available for me to talk to if the counselor wasn't in, or if I just wanted to talk with him. For the most part, it kept me from going nuts. The same goes for the vice principal and most of the deans at the same school. Sadly, they weren't able to stop one of my classmates from getting picked on horribly, and she threatened to kill the entire 7th period band class as a result. I'm not sure if she never told anyone, or what. Guess what? I don't blame her one bit. If I felt completely alone, I would have reacted the same way. Candy, if you ever read this, I did try to be there for you, but I couldn't be all the time. I guess maybe I should have switched to seventh period band so we could talk more. Those assholes knew better than to mess with me for the most part. I suppose they did see you as a weirdo, but we all are in middle school. I know I was. However, that doesn't give a person the right to treat another like shit. That brings me back to the school officials. Why wasn't the teacher paying attention to what was going on under her nose? I know she was busy, but there were times things happened that she could have put an end to it. Why wasn't any of this brought to someone higher up on the hierarchy? There are a lot of things that can be done to prevent stuff like that from happening, if teachers and other officials would care more about their students than their paychecks. You officials want to tell your students to grow up. They're not the ones that need to. You are. We deal with more shit in our day than you ever did when you were in school. So what if you had to walk miles to school. Once you got there, if anyone acted up you also got punished for it. Why is that? Class sizes were smaller, and your teacher actually gave a damn. Maybe you should take a long hard look at him or her, and learn from them.
Onto the 11 year old charged with the death of a 2 year old in her care. Is it just me, or should the parent of the 2 year old be shot for leaving her child in the care of someone so young? Yes, there was blunt force trauma to her head, torso, and buttocks. That doesn't mean a damn thing. The child could have actually fallen out of bed as the 11 year old stated. Once again, WTF was the mother of this 2 year old thinking? Most 11 year olds are not mature enough to babysit without supervision. This woman should be charged with neglect. As a mother of a 2 year old, I don't leave my children in the care of someone so young unless there's an adult or someone older there as well. I'M NOT FUCKING STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus, people. Wake the fuck up!

No comments:

Post a Comment